Monday, October 1, 2012

Infinity Forest Table WIP

Heres some more shots of the hills. They're all ready for paint now. To get them to how your seeing them they've been textured using fine playground sand and some pink aquarium gravel. After I glued the sand down using straight PVA glue and it had dried completely. I used a large paint brush and brushed away any loose sand, then I used a 20/80 mix of PVA and water and "washed" each of the hills to seal them. This is an optional step but I always do it cuz I'm slightly OCD and if I'm putting this much effort into them I mine as well make them extra tough.
 Look what I found at Hobby Lobby for like $6! They came in a farm play set in the clearance section so I scavenged them and gave the kids the rest. Pretty sweet for a few dollars, very detailed too, there gonna paint up sweet! I'll probably base them and have them overgrown and use them on the forest table.






 This is probably my favorite hill. I just love all the nooks and crannies.
All right so thats it for now, please stay tuned. Im going to hold off on painting for a few days cuz its been super hot in So Cal this week. I'm hoping it cools off on Thursday so I can spend some time in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment