Tuesday, April 26, 2011

New Project: Warhammer Fortress on a hill

My best mate just brought me a truck load of pink foam from Utah. This stuff is impossible to get in Southern California. My previous stash came from Adventurers Guild LGS in Riverside and cost an arm and a leg. To say thanks and as a birthday present I'm finishing his Warhammer Fortress for him and making a base for it. Ill try and keep this updated as best as possible. I desperately need more PVA glue before I can continue on with this project though and Home Depot doesnt stock the large tubs anymore (apparently). So until I make it to Michaels ill keep working on the rock texture. Heres some pics to give you an idea of the layout.




 You can see ive started the texture on the right side. I have a very crappy hot wire cutter so doing the "ramp" up to the gate was a nightmare. Ill have plenty of holes to putty over. In the left corner the wall will actually be running straight into a cliff face. Im just waiting for the blocks to dry before I start shaping them. Im pretty excited for this project and I shouldnt have any problems finishing it by July when he's coming down for another visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment